Romantic novels have earned themselves a special position in literature. For most people the idea of love begins with the romantic novels. Romance novels take us into a world of love and passion,where the characters play out our dreams and fantasies for our delight and satisfaction, which in turn provides us with a longing for more. This is our list of the top 10 most romantic novels ever written.
1) Margaret Mitchell – Gone with the wind. Scarlet the true representation of a woman in love makes this novel one of the most romantic ones ever written.
2) Erich Segal – Love Story. A romantic story about the love between a boy and a girl.
3) William Shakespeare – Romeo and Juliet. An eternal love story of two young hearts, one of the best and most popular romantic novels of our time.
4) Emily Bronte – Wuthering Heights. A classic romance that captures the hearts right away.
5) Jude Devereaux – A Knight in Shining Armor. A romantic story about treason, love, intrigues and adventure.6) Daphne du Maurier – Rebecca. A novel of romance, mystery and passion, a dark psychological tale of secrets and betrayal.
7) Nicholas Sparks – The Notebook. A lot of drama that is expected from a romantic novel.
8) Jane Austen – Pride & Prejudice. Wealth, love, sex and romance. A novel that has it all.
9) Judith McNaught – Paradise. Two strong-willed characters maintain 11 years of unwarranted hostility based on a series of misunderstandings in this engaging romance.
10) Diana Gabaldon – Outlander. Love, full of conflicts, dilemma and contradiction. A true romance story.